Claudine’s Spring Berry Tart
Vegan, Gluten- and Refined-Sugar Free!
1 ¼ Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Cup Raw Cashews
¼ Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Raw Cashews, soaked 4 hours or overnight
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
¾ Cup Coconut Cream (see note 1)
¼ Cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup (or more, if sweeter custard desired)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
¼ Teaspoon salt
4 Cups Well•Pict strawberries and/or raspberries
1. Grease an 8- or 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom (I use coconut oil for this)
2. Combine coconut and cashews for crust in a food processor or powerful blender and pulse until broken down to the consistency of coarse sand. Add remaining crust ingredients and pulse until well- combined. Don’t go too far – you don’t want it to turn into nut butter!
3. Press crust mixture evenly into pan and up the sides and freeze while making the custard.
4. Drain cashews for custard and combine all custard ingredients into blender/processor, blending until very smooth (approximately 2 minutes). Add more lemon or maple syrup, as needed, to get the desired consistency and flavor.
5. Poor custard into tart pan and re-freeze for 2-4 hours.
6. Meanwhile, rinse and drain berries and allow to dry slightly.
7. When ready to serve, remove tart exterior and spread berries on top. Can be stored in refrigerator after initial freeze for 4-5 days.