Has Spring sprung in your produce section?
This is it. We’re in it. Spring is firmly in place, and with restrictions in many parts of the country slowly easing up, outdoor gatherings with family and friends are top of mind for many of your shoppers. So how to turn those visions of picnic frolics into revenue for your store? Get folks thinking about recipes that utilize the freshest, brightest ingredients the season has to offer. This year, especially, share recipes that work wellfor backyard, beach, and park settings. Think shareable treats and light lunches that travel well.
Strawberries are surprisingly versatile when it comes to picnic fare—and are even great simply rinsed, patted dry, and thrown into a sealed container. An instant
red-gingham-tablecloth superstar! But they can be so much more as well. Consider displaying photos or illustrations of picnic and backyard barbecue strawberry recipes from the super simple (tossed in a bowl) to the super surprising (roasted strawberry chicken burgers!). Go the extra mile and include a QR code on your in-store display that leads to the full recipes on your website. We’ll help you get started with some ideas listed in order from the easiest to the most complex:
- Fresh, whole berries rinsed, gently patted dry, and served in a chilled bowl (or transported in asealed bowl or other container)—doesn’t get easier than that!
- See above, but add this amazing whipped cream recipe from The Pioneer Woman: The Pioneer Woman’s Fresh Whipped Cream
- Well•Pict Strawberry Salsa
- Well•Pict Strawberry Caramel Cupcakes
- Well•Pict Berries Roasted Strawberry Chicken Burgers
Looking to barbecue instead of using the stove? Experiment with tossing these bad boys on the grill!
For more year-round shareable, downloadable content, don’t forget to download our Digital Retailer Kit.
Image: Well•Pict’s Roasted Strawberry Chicken Burger