Seared Halibut with Berry Compote and Roasted Potatoes
1 Cup Red Wine
1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Cup Well-Pict Strawberries
4 6-ounce Halibut Filets, skin on
2 TB Avocado oil
Salt and Pepper
Mixed greens for serving
1 1.5-2lb fingerling or baby potatoes, halved lengthwise
1. Heat oven to 425-degrees and line a large baking pan with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, coat potatoes with oil and generously season with salt.
3. Place in oven for approximately 25 minutes or until golden on cut side.
4. While potatoes are cooking, place wine, vinegar, honey, and ¾ cup of berries in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Simmer until mixture is syrupy and has reduced by half (10-15 minutes).
5. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the halibut with salt and pepper and, once the oil is shimmering, add halibut to the pan skin-side up. Do not move the salmon for 3-4 minutes. Once it is golden and crisp, flip to the skin side and cook another 2-3 minutes or until desired level of doneness.
6. Serve halibut over mixed greens and spoon sauce over the top, followed by some of the reserved berries, potatoes on the side.