Toasted Pecan Two-Cheese Ravioli With Savory Well•Pict Berries Strawberry Sauce
1 1/2cups ricotta cheese
2 oz goat cheese
2 tbsp toasted pecans finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp strawberry liqueur or strawberry dessert wine
Kosher salt (to taste)
3 cups all purpose flour
4+1 eggs (for egg wash)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Kosher salt
8 oz Well•Pict strawberries quartered lengthwise
3 tbsp unsalted butter
Chopped chives (for garnish)
Balsamic reduction (for garnish)
For Balsamic Reduction
1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, goat cheese, pecans, liqueur and mix well. Season with kosher salt to taste. Cover and set aside.
2. In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine flour and salt. Add 1 egg at a time then slowly add oil. Mix until all the dough forms a ball.
3. Sprinkle some flour on workbench and knead dough until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit 30 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
4. Cut ball of dough into thirds; roll 1/3 at a time. Cover remaining to keep from drying out.
5. Again dust workbench with flour. Form dough into a rectangle and roll through pasta machine at its widest setting, 2 times. Continue rolling dough through the machine, reducing setting each time using the palm of your hand to guide sheet of dough as it emerges from the rollers. Continue rolling through machine until you pass through the narrowest setting. The dough should be paper-thin.
6. Layout sheet of pasta and brush the top surface of dough with egg wash. Drop 1 tablespoon of filling 2 inches apart on half the sheet of pasta. Fold the unfilled half over the filling. Gently press out air pockets around each mound and form a seal. Cut into squares with a ravioli crimper, making sure they are well sealed before cooking.
7. With a large pot of boiling salted water nearby, melt the butter in a saucepan. Boil ravioli till they float to the top. Lift ravioli from the water with the large strainer and set in buttered saucepan. Over medium heat,, gently toss to coat the ravioli in the butter. Add the strawberries and let sizzle for 20 seconds. Take off heat and plate.
8. Reduce ½ cup balsamic vineagar in sauce pan over low heat to about 2 tbsps. Drizzle balsamic reduction and chopped chives over ravioli for garnish.