Well•Pict Berries Roasted Strawberry Chicken Burgers
We teamed up with Sharon Burley of Feast Kitchen and Mary Blackmon from Farm Star Living to create this awesome video showcasing our Well•Pict Berries Roasted Strawberry Chicken Burgers. Sharon gets the credit for coming up with such a delicious recipe (seriously. try it, folks!), and Farm Star Living’s video prove how simple they are to make! For an extra kick, top off these bad boys with Well•Pict’s Strawberry-Jalapeno Chia Jam.
Makes: 4 servings
1/2 lb fresh strawberries, trimmed and cut in half
1 lb ground chicken
1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss halved strawberries in the balsamic vinegar to coat.
3. Lay out strawberries on a baking sheet, cut side down, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until juices are bubbling, then remove from the oven and let cool.
4. In the meantime, prep the rest of the burger mixture: put the ground chicken, basil, garlic, salt and pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl and mix to thoroughly combine.
5. Once the strawberries have cooled, roughly chop them (to about the size of a kidney bean) and toss them in the burger mixture, making sure the strawberries are well incorporated throughout (hand mixing works best for this job). The mixture will be on the wet side.
6. Heat the other tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Form four equal sized patties with the mixture and place them in the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until the patties are firm to the touch. If you find the pan getting dry add a little more oil. When the burgers are cooked through, remove from the pan and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
7. You can serve on a bun with fresh sliced avocado, mixed greens, and feta cheese, or over a bed of greens dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette. We’d love to hear some of your favorite ways to serve this recipe!