Well•Pict Berry Galette
1 roll puff pastry (thawed, if frozen)
8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For Strawberry Filling
1 1/2 clamshells Well•Pict strawberries
1/2 cup + 2 fl oz water
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 oz cornstarch
For Cream Cheese Filling
1 lb cream cheese, whipped
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
1. Trim and cut the strawberries into ½ inch, bite-size pieces. Reserve 1 pound, and puree the rest in a blender until smooth. Pour the blended strawberries into a medium saucepan. Add the sugar and water and simmer over medium-high heat until the puree reaches a light boil.
2. Mix the cornstarch and reserved water in a small bowl until fully incorporated. Add to boiling puree. Stir constantly, allowing to thicken, then place the mixture in a medium sized bowl to cool. Fold in reserved strawberries.
3. In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, cornstarch, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
4. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
5. Mix ingredients for cream cheese filling in another small bowl.
6. Place puff pastry on parchment-lined cookie sheet and flatten/stretch with a rolling pin by rolling over a few times. Using a pastry brush, cover the top with melted butter, then turn over.
7. Spread spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the pastry roll, then top with the strawberry mixture. Taking one corner at a time, fold in the corners of the pastry over the fruit, pleating as you go (it’s ok if the end result is fairly sloppy). Once rolled, brush the top and sides of the pastry with butter.
8. Bake in oven until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes.
9. Slice each roll into sections and serve warm for best results. Dust with powdered sugar, drizzle with melted chocolate or glaze made of powdered sugar, a dash of vanilla, and cream. Serve with coffee or vanilla ice cream.