Spice up your (scary) movie night!
I mean, it doesn’t have to be a scary movie, per se. But, have you looked at the calendar? It’s officially time to give the romcoms a rest and dive into the not-so-bright-teenagers and wildly-flailing-chainsaws genre. Ready, set, scare.
Because you’ll need something to wash down the popcorn and warm yourself up from all those cold chills running down your spine, we found a cocktail recipe that’s rich, delicious, and full of fall spices. And, it certainly doesn’t hurt that it’s the color of blloooodddd. (Insert your best Dracula laugh here.)
Brought to you by the awesome folks at the California Strawberry Commission, this warming drink highlights the taste of our luscious, delicious Well•Pict Berries fall strawberries, and is just the right blend of sweet and spice. Serve it with our Well•Pict Strawberry Mascarpone Tart With Beaujolais for an elegant evening with your favorite axe-wielding zombie serial killer.
- 1 ½ cup California strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 small apple, sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ grapefruit, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 star anise seeds
- ¼ cup orange liqueur
- 750 ml red wine
- 1 can orange or plain sparkling water
- Combine all ingredients (except for the sparkling water) in a pitcher or punch bowl and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with grapefruit slices, strawberry halves, and cranberries.
Image: Spiced Strawberry Sangria from the California Strawberry Commission